We, at Lynkos, support and encourage ideas, services and tools to use and supplement Lynkos’ services. However, we are very serious about protecting our reputation and brand identity. In order to achieve this goal, we have created these guidelines to help Lynkos members, teams and others refer to us or our services without compromising the strength of our trademarks or our brand identity. In other words, these guidelines only concern the use of Lynkos’ intellectual property (for example, the use of the term “Lynkos”).
For issues regarding intellectual property not exclusively owned by Lynkos, Inc., please, refer to Lynkos’ Copyright and Intellectual Property Policy.
A trademark is a word, name, symbol or device (or a combination thereof) that identifies the goods or services of a person or company and distinguishes them from the goods and services of others. The word “Lynkos” and other Lynkos graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, scripts and service names (together, the “Lynkos Marks”) are registered trademarks, trademarks or trade dresses of Lynkos, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Why must Lynkos Protect the Lynkos Marks? Lynkos must be to able assure Internet users and others that only the services offered, sponsored or endorsed by Lynkos actually bear the Lynkos Marks. Trademark law requires protection not only against improper use of the Lynkos Marks, but also against the use of confusingly similar marks.
Using the Lynkos Marks
In order to help us protect the Lynkos Marks, you can do the following:
- Do make fair use of Lynkos’ Marks. Lynkos supports free speech and you need no permission to make legitimate comments about Lynkos, the company or Lynkos’ services.
- Do distinguish the Lynkos Marks from any surrounding texts by, for example, capitalizing the first letter of the Lynkos Marks.
- Do spell the Lynkos Marks properly.
- Do not say things about Lynkos which you know are untrue.
- Do not incorporate the Lynkos Marks or a confusingly similar mark into, for example, the name of your business, organization, non-profit organization, event or trademark.
- Do not remove, alter, distort or modify the Lynkos Marks; this includes adding other terms to the Lynkos Marks to create new words.
- Do not use the Lynkos Marks or any confusingly similar marks in a way that may falsely imply a relationship or affiliation with, sponsorship or endorsement by Lynkos, Inc. or that can be reasonably interpreted to suggest that the information comes from or represents the views or opinions of Lynkos, Inc. or any Lynkos employee.
- Do not, without prior permission, use the Lynkos Marks on a product. Click here if you wish to find out how to apply for a license to use a Lynkos Mark in connection with a product.
- Do not use any trademarks, service marks, trade dresses, designs or logos that are confusingly similar to the Lynkos Marks or the look and feel of the Lynkos website.
- Do not use the Lynkos Marks in any way or on any website containing or promoting adult content, gambling or otherwise infringing the applicable law or regulations.
- Do not use the Lynkos Marks in a manner that is, in Lynkos’ opinion, misleading, unfair, defamatory, infringing, libelous, disparaging, tarnishing, obscene or otherwise objectionable to Lynkos.
Lynkos reserves the right to alter these policies at any time.